What Is Leadership Fauquier?
Leadership Fauquier is an organization whose mission is to foster a community of collaborative leaders. It was formed to tap into and cultivate the tremendous human capital that exists within our community. Its signature 10-month experiential program gives participants the tools, resources, and connections needed to become involved and make things happen. Participants come from the Private, Public and Nonprofit sectors of Fauquier County. We believe the sustainable success of our community is dependent upon engaged and informed leaders. As Walt Disney wisely said, “You can design, create and build the most wonderful place in the world … it takes people to make the dream a reality."
Our mission is to engage, equip, and connect individuals in Fauquier County for the benefit of our community.
We Do This By:
- Offering a 10-month program which educates participants on public, private and non-profit sectors, how they function and what resources are available.
- Offering professional leadership development to program participants.
- Fostering a collaborative and engaged Alumni.
- Creating and maintaining a network of active contacts in the public, private and non-profit sector of the community.
- Produce individuals within our community who have a solid and factual understanding of Fauquier County.
- Increase civic participation and volunteerism.
- Enhance professional leadership skills within the community.
- Maintain an active Alumni that identifies and serves the needs of Fauquier County.