WHY WAS LEADERSHIP FAUQUIER FORMED?
The sustainable success of our community is dependent upon engaged and informed leaders. Leadership Fauquier was formed to tap into and cultivate the tremendous human capital that exists within our County.
WHO ATTENDS LEADERSHIP FAUQUIER?
Each year, Leadership Fauquier’s signature program graduates a class of established leaders from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors of Fauquier as well as the community at large.
Anyone who seeks to become better connected to the community, learn about the challenges and opportunities that face Fauquier, and become an active participant in Fauquier’s future is invited to apply.
* Must have lived or work in Fauquier County for 1 year
HOW DO YOU BENEFIT WITH LEADERSHIP FAUQUIER?
- Opportunity to employ leadership strengths, increase leadership skills and recognize arenas in which unique contributions may be applied
- Expanded awareness of issues and challenges facing our community
- Ability to articulate a vision for the community and translate that vision into action
- Networking with fellow community leaders on a personal and professional level
HOW DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION BENEFIT?
- Retention of employees with deepened leadership capabilities and a greater understanding of how to maximize community engagement
- Opportunity to showcase your organization’s involvement with the premier leadership organization in the community
- Rewards of networking with a diverse group of dynamic community leaders
- Visible commitment to service in the community
HOW DOES THE COMMUNITY BENEFIT?
- Increased source of leaders in the community with broadened perspectives, prepared to effectively and collaboratively lead
- Improved communication network among civil, social, educational and business leaders in the region
- Assistance to leaders in their development, matching their skills and interests with the needs of the community
WHEN IS LEADERSHIP FAUQUIER?
- One full program day per month.
- In addition to these program days, homework assignments will need to be completed prior to each session. There will also be a class project that will require time outside of class.
- After graduation, the participants in each class are encouraged to stay connected by networking with other Leadership Fauquier alumni, and to continue to grow in their own way as community leaders.
Leadership Fauquier’s 10-month signature program teaches our cohorts about Fauquier County using a community capital model. Our goal is to give them an introduction to this model which identifies resources that are the foundation of a successful and sustainable community.